1. Police Technology
a. Chapter One through Six
1. 800 MHz Public Safety Interference: The Consensus Plan, The Police Chief, Technology Talk, October 2002.
2. Your Source for Law Enforcement IT Guidance, The Police Chief, Technology Talk, May 2003
3. Radio Spectrum, Executive Technology Brief, National Institute for Justice
4. Intranets: A New Tool for Corrections Managers, Ned Benton, Corrections Managers' Report, 1996
5. Introduction to Wireless Data, Broadbeam Corporation, Trenton, New Jersey, 2000
1. Choose two of the discussion questions from three of the six chapters (for a total of six questions). Write a one or two paragraph response to each of the questions;
2. Go to Page 18 or 66 in the text, complete either of the "try this" exercise. Submit a one paragraph description of your results;
3. Go to Page 96 or 103 in the text, complete either of the "try this" exercise. Submit a one paragraph description of your results;
4. Go to Page 105 or 107 in the text, complete either of the "try this" exercise. Submit a one paragraph description of your results;
5. Go to Page 123 in the text, complete the "try this" exercise. Submit a one paragraph description of your results;
6. Request exam one via email and return same via US Mail.
7. Participate in the Online Forum Discussion per the course website instructions; and,
8. Work on Session/Semester Project: Browse the last three chapters of the primary text book, Police Technology. Your final paper for this course will be a topic of your selection within the broad categories of: Personnel and Training; Implementing and Managing Technology; and, Emerging and Future Technologies. As part of your assignments for this module of instruction, you must choose one of the areas of inquiry and submit your selection along with a one paragraph explanation of why your chose this area. Refer to the expanded assignment for specific information on the final project.
Go to the Criminal Justice Online forum and post:
1. Register and create a user name that is your first initial, last name, and the
word "Union." If I were creating that user name I would be rfosterunion.
2. Click here to find the first threaded discussion assignment.
3. After you have posted, you must respond to a post made by another student or learner.
|Due Dates Fall 2009|
|Session I||Session II||Go To|
|August 31, 2009||October 26, 2009||Session Begins|
|September 11, 2009||November 6, 2009||Module One|
|September 25, 2009||November 11, 2009||Module Two|
|October 9, 2009||December 4, 2009||Module Three|
|October 21, 2009||December 16, 2009||Module Four|
|October 24, 2009||December 19, 2009||Session Ends|
© 2004-2009 Raymond E. Foster, Hi Tech Criminal Justice